Friday, February 15, 2008

Thing 2

First of all, I am probably the most technically challenged librarian around. I needed tech support just to finish Thing 1. I have no computer acess at home, nor do I intend to in the near future, yet I see a need to learn more about the internet and services in order to meet patron needs. I'm not certain I fully understand the parameters of Library 2.0. It appears to me to be a very vague concept: not completely defined. On the other side, I hope never to see a parent and child interfacing with a computer rather than snuggling on the couch sharing the joys of a picture book. Hopefully there is still a place for both scenarios
.

2 comments:

Jonya said...

Hello! I hope you do well with this set of tasks - it is supposed to be fun, and if you need any encouragement, I hope I can offer it. I think the most fun I'm having is getting to talk to people about what they are learning.

Ann said...

Congrats on getting started with 23 Things on a Stick!

SELCO staff and over 100 library staff members and trustees will be working through the program as well. We hope to have fun along the way and will offer the opportunity for regional prizes to all who complete the program by National Library Week. Enjoy!

Ann Hutton at SELCO